A Specialist Critical Care Medicine professional, Dr. Mohamed Elsamman Ahmed head of the ICU department at Medeor 24x7 International Hospital Al Ain. He holds Master's Degree in Critical Care Medicine, MRCP part I& II and Degree in Cardiology & Intensive Care Medicine from ESICM (European Society of Intensive care Medicine).
Prior to Dr. Elsamman association with Medeor, He served 7 years at ICU - Gama Hospital, Alkhobar, Saudi Arabia since 2011 and was at Gamal Abd Elnaser hospital, Egypt as ICU/CCU Resident doctor until 2010. He also received an award from Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) for the best therapeutic research at the Critical Care Congress in San Diego, Cal, USA 2011 in ARDS ventilated patients.
Dr. Elsamman scope of service includes
- Resuscitate and manage critically ill patients including those with multi organ systems failure.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, Airway management, invasive monitoring, and kidney injury management on critical care medicine basis and rules.
- Sepsis, septicemia and septic shock management.
- Mechanical Ventilation.
- Routine ICU procedures including Central venous catheters, Arterial lines, Intercostal tubes, dialysis vascular access catheters (vas caths), Temporary venous pacemaker, Advanced airway management, and assist in tracheostomy (surgical and percutaneous)
- ICU Follow-ups and review of mechanically ventilated patients, including regular tracheostomy tube change.
- Manage the process of end-of-life care.
- Special interest in pulmonology medicine including respiratory failure, ARDS, ASTHMA/COPD life threatening, severe pneumonia and pleural effusion.